Wednesday, 6 March 2013

WIP Wednesday

Unfortunately,  my progress has been minimal lately as my sewing machine is in the shop for yearly maintenance.  There isn't a wealth of sewing machine repairists around here (only one that I even now of) so it's a 3 week wait.  And your machine has to be there, no bringing it in when she is ready for you.

I tried to use this time as productively as possible.  Some of this.

I had a serious backlog of sorting and filing that needed to be done.  Followed by the dreaded tax preparation.  But the filing is done, the personal taxes are ready to go to the accountant and there has been tremendous progress made on the work taxes.

I've also been doing some work around the house.  Decluttering, donating and painting.

A few weeks ago, the husband and I decided to overhaul our kitchen closet.  When we bought the house, it was set up as a coat closet (I guess because it was next to the back door).  But we used it for recycling/storage.  And it was not functioning.  We put up a big plastic utility shelving unit that took up way too much space and too often, things would come pouring out when we opened the door.  So we removed the hanging rod and added a second long shelf and 4 short shelves on the right side.  

But I wanted to make it fun!  I got purple in my head and went in search of some mistints (cheap overhaul FTW).  Found one for $9, pretty close to what I was hoping for.  Unfortunately, even though it is labelled as self-priming, it's taking 3 coats to cover well.  UGH.  I'm hoping to finish it this week.

Don't despair, I have been getting to play with fabric as well.

This is my work in progress table.  For the longest time my WIPs were just scattered everywhere.  Piled on my work surface, tucked into shelving units, and next to my sewing machine.  One day in a fit of annoyance I decided to pull them all into one place.  There are 5 quilts in various stages up there.  A stack of crayon rolls mid construction.  An apron that has not even been cut (but the pattern is printed!).  Fabric to make a roman shade for my bathroom window.  A pair of shorts that need a button.  A cushion in the very early stages of preparation.  There is also a set of matching dresses for my daughter and her American Girl peeking out from the dresser next to the table.  Obviously I still need to work on keeping all of my projects on this table LOL.

I then have a notebook next to my computer that keeps my Idea list for things I want to make but haven't physically started to work on yet.  

Linking up at Freshly Pieced and I'm hoping that next week I have extra progress made on at least one of those fabric projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment