Saturday 9 June 2012

Weekly wrap up

I had 8 things on my to do list this week.  It's now Saturday night at 9pm and when I hit publish I will have achieved 5 of them.  Not too shabby with one more day left to be productive!


I pieced together this baby quilt using the tutorial at Crazy Mom Quilts .  It's not quite as long as I would like and I don't have enough pink fabric in this value range.  So instead of cutting off some of the pink when I square it up, I plan on adding more grey at the top and bottom.  That way I gain a few inches and get to show all of the pretty pink fabric :)



I also spent a lot of time at my machine quilting the bunting quilt.  It's my first time quilting a full size quilt and only my second time doing FMQ.  I'm happy with how it's turning out although it's very obvious to me that I have much to learn when it comes to free motion quilting.  It's on track to be finished tomorrow before my kids return from a camping trip with Nanny and Gampy :)

I hope you had a wonderful week
Leigh Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment