Monday 24 June 2013

On The Go

I had a marvelous busy weekend where the only thing sewing related was reading blogs and buying patterns! (FYI: Lee at Freshly Pieced is selling  a bundle of three patterns for $12.99 here).  I spent all day Saturday on a shopping adventure with two girlfriends as an early birthday present and Sunday I worked my part time job at the running store.  But I do have a few things I accomplished on Friday that I've haven't shown before.


I sell my tie bibs at a local artisan shop and they are needing to be restocked.  Hopefully this little pile will be finished and delivered today.  I've been thinking of doing a tutorial.  Would anyone be interested?


I started a new quilt (oops!).  I know I wasn't supposed to but I just couldn't help myself LOL.  I came across a picture on Pinterest and immediately was obsessed.  I thought about it for several days and knew it was just what I wanted for our bedroom.  The husband agreed.  After a few more days of thinking about it often, I bit the bullet and made one block.  The white is Bella Solids unbleached white, the orange is Bella Solids Clementine.  I'm going to allow myself one block per week until I finish up a few more WIPs.


Tomorrow is the last day of school for my oldest daughter.  I wanted to make her teacher a little something and when this decor weight fabric was 50% off at my LQS I bought some to make an open wide zipper pouch using Noodlehead's pattern.  This is another one that I need to get finished today! 

Guess I better get back to my machine :)  Linking up with Heart of Charmwood for the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop.

8 comments:

  1. Fun new quilt project! I just pinned it too. :) Don't you just loooove starting new projects? Ending is fun too; it's the middle that stinks.

    I would definitely be interested in a tie bib tutorial! I make tie onesies and I'm curious how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bibs are adorable! Tutorial would be great. I love that home dec fabric too. That sounds like a perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. allowing yourself one block a week is a great idea! that'll keep you motivated. i do the same with some hst's i have going for a project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo, that bags going to be cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bibs....yes to the tot! Can't wait to see the pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those bibs are ridiculously cute. I'd love to see a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, busy, busy, love the tie bibs, a tutorial would be great, and the pouch is great, i love the ones i have, they hold so much stuff and it's so much easier to find things in them! Thx for linking up :o)

    ReplyDelete