Tuesday 30 April 2013

Camera Strap Cameras

The last shipment of fabric was a very inspiring one for me.  I knew immediately that I wanted a pillow from the Creamy Daisy Mae.  And when I saw the 2wenty thr3e line by Cosmo Cricket, I knew I had to do something with the camera fabric. 


I ended up making some camera straps using this tutorial from Alison at Cluck Cluck Sew.  I left out the interfacing but I think if I make it again, I will add the interfacing back in.  It feels a little flimsy without it.  This was actually the first time I removed my camera strap from the camera and now I can't figure out how to get it back on. D'OH!


These number prints would look great in a baby's nursery but are mature enough to work for grown up projects as well.  The colors in this line coordinate wonderfully with Clementine and Apron Strings Pink from the Bella Solids line.


There are some wonderful novelty prints like the cameras and ticket stubs shown above.


Hollywood Stars (above in petal pink, pavement and clementine) make a wonderful active blender.


Flashbulbs is another great pattern that would work in a wide range of projects.  All of the fabrics in this post are currently available in the shop with several other colors arriving in the next week.  Also, these bundles will be listed over the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. I love your camera strap! That camera fabric is just perfect. I really need to do something about my camera strap -- it's a little uncomfortable and something like this would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabrics! The blenders are so cool, different but unobtrusive.

    ReplyDelete