When my mother in law was here in May, I promised her these pillows would be complete the nest time I saw her. In 1 hour, I am heading out for a weekend of camping with the ILs so these pillows had a deadline!
I followed this tutorial and found it pretty easy to follow. In fact it was significantly easier than I thought it would be. But I was shocked (!) at how much fabric it uses. And while my second pillow was definitely better than my first, I did struggle to get pretty points.
The front fabrics are a variety from my stash. In fact many of them were in my very first large internet fabric purchase! I backed them in a floral print from the Happy Go Lucky line. It doesn't really go with the front but it does work with MIL's sofa. So now she has a set of reversible pillows!
They finish at 20" square and have a hidden zipper in the back.
I'm happy that I finally tried the cathedral window technique but I'm not sure I will do another one. And if I do, it will definitely be on a smaller scale.
Linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.