Monday 15 July 2013

Let's Tally It Up!

WOW!  Y'all either think I am a robot or that I didn't sleep for the last week LOL.  19 finishes!!  Crazy.  I did not get to 19 finishes but I did accomplish a few finishes.

1. Harper's Quilt - you've seen the details of this one.  It is en route to it's new owner as we speak.  Watch for part 2 of the tutorial tomorrow.


2. Black and White Chevron


3. Churn Dash - this actually went from an idea in my head to a finished quilt top during the week.  It's baby sized (36" sq) and come together really quickly


4. String of Luck - this is my version of String of Pearl's by Christa Quilts.  Finishing this top gives me hope that I can finish up the quilt by the end of the quiltalong!


5. Houndstooth - I finished this top and started the quilting.  This project has the closest deadline so I will be spending a lot of quality time with it over the next few weeks.  Especially considering the ambitious quilting plan I have committed to!  Please forgive the poor photos :(  I have tons of camera photos but none using my good camera.



Surprisingly, only one person guessed 5 finishes. 

Mimi has left a new comment on your post "Friday Finish and a Giveaway!!":

I am going to low ball it and say that you finished 5 projects - which in my estimation is totally amazing!!!

Congratulations Mimi!  I've sent you an email.  Everyone else can still use the SHIPFREE50 code for free shipping in Canada/US on orders over $50.

Linking up with Sewing by Moonlight

12 comments:

  1. I love your houndstooth! I tried making my boyfriend a houndstooth quilt but realized after it was completed put together that I laid out the design wrong so it's more plaid than houndstooth! But to be fair I made it in one day start to finish :)

    Spolgarquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome finishes! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropped by from Let's Get Acquainted - it may not be 19 finishes but you've still done so much, completely loving your 'Harper' quilt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I still can't believe that you completed FIVE quilts!!! I hoped to make a lap quilt for my SIL's 50th bday and already it is taking me 3 months and I'm still not finished handquilting it! Oh well, I'm only 1 month late ;-) I am thrilled to have won your giveaway - Hooo Weee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so close, lol. They probably meant any finish not just quilts. Crazy people, he he.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricky...the green splash in the houndstooth! Love it. All of your quilts are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hounds tooth is going to be absolutely amazing with that quilting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 5 finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was close! Dang, Congrats on the progress. We wish 19 right? I am in luuuv with the Harper quilt. You know I love some Happy go lucky! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Either way-those are some amazing finishes! I love that Chevron quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - you have been busy, love the churn dash quilt! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scrappy giant churn dash baby quilt makes me smile. Are those fabrics true reds, or are they orange-y red? Either way, a great modern color scheme for a boy or girl, either!

    ReplyDelete