Monday 1 July 2013

June Recap and July Goals

Happy Canada Day!

I hope all my Canadian readers are enjoying their long weekend as much as I have been.  We've filled it with lots of family fun.  My daughter's attended their first outdoor concert (my shoulders are still sore!), the 3 year old went to her first movie and tonight we are off to a friend's for fireworks and BBQ!



I have spent some time thinking about what I accomplished in June quilt wise and what I hope to accomplish in July.  Some of you may recall the whiteboard I put together at the start of the month.  I did fairly well sticking to that list as far as quilts are concerned.  But the baby shower gifts and bibs took up a bit of my time.  And as always, quilting never goes as quickly as I expect.

But I did finish quilting one of the black and white chevron quilts.  Little Apples was completely finished, as well as Bits and Pieces.  My Impromptu Along top is finished and Harper's quilt is halfway quilted.

I didn't actually expect to finish everything on that board and I'm quite thrilled with all that I managed to accomplish.  Of course, I have added several more quilts to the list over the last four weeks.  Although I would love to finish all of my WIPs in July (wouldn't we all!), there are a few that MUST be completed.

Houndstooth Beginnings!
This weekend, we are camping with my ILs which means MIL's pillows need to be completed.  The recipient of the baby shower gifts is due the first weekend in August and I've promised her a houndstooth quilt.  And Harper's quilt needs to be shipped off.  Those three are my priority for the month of July.  If I do nothing but finish those it will be a great month!  Anything else will be a bonus.  Feel free to pop over to my WIP tab to see just how long that list is :)

Linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes and the Let's Get Acquainted LinkUp

6 comments:

  1. I really like the houndstooth! Your list sounds about as full as mine. Good luck with all of your summer sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me a houndstooth quilt. I really want to make one. I hope you finish all you want this month. Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have added the Houndstooth quilt to my must do list as well. It is such a fabulous pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Houndstooth is such a great design. I started one and then the project headed a different direction. Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you will be busy! Thanks for linking up to Let's Get Acquainted!

    ReplyDelete