Tuesday 1 May 2012

Small Project Sew Along

Way back in November I showed you pile of pretty fabric squares.  But you never saw the finished project,  even though I finished it fairly quickly.  So here it is :)


A puff quilt for my baby girl who turned 2 in April  It finishes at 36" x 36" and each square finishes at 3 1/2 inches.  Given that it was my first attempt doing anything more complicated that a single layer blanket I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out.



It's backed with a white minky and I handtied the two layers at a dozen different corners so they stay together but don't affect the texture of the minky.  I was worried that the ties would come undone but I am happy to say that 5 months later they are all solidly intact.


A few weeks ago I decided it really was time to put something (anything) on the wall above her crib.  So I quickly put together a bunting that has most of the blanket fabrics in it.

Now on to the Sew Along!  AmandaJean over at Crazy Mom Quilts is hosting a Small Project Sew Along for the month of May.  Right away I got excited because my list of small projects is quite large at the moment and I would love to tackle a bunch this month.  A lot of them are not sewing related but I thought it would be fun to see how many I could finish in May.  I'll blog them all here and just link up the sewing projects to the sew along.

Without further ado, here is my list.

1. You are my Sunshine canvas
2. Fabric Sling Bookshelf
3. A pillow for the sofa in the living room (maybe something like this)
4. Finish the mirror for our bedroom
5. Jelly roll floor pillow
6. Tutu handprint art
7. Paint the coffee table
8. Artwork for the entrance
9.Table runner

2 comments:

  1. I love your puff quilt. I've always wanted to try one of those. Maybe I'll add that to my June list... my May list is already out of control!

    I am looking forward to seeing what "Tutu handprint art" is. That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kat! I definitely wouldn't consider it a small project LOL.

    I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's projects and crossing some items off my very long to do list :)

    ReplyDelete