Monday 18 November 2013

Move it Monday

Disclaimer: This post will be wordy, pictureless and completely unrelated to quilting.  Please feel free to ignore this post if it doesn't interest you :)

I think, as bloggers, our goal is to create a blog that we, ourselves, would follow.  When I sit and think about the blogs I refuse to cut from my reader, the main common denominator is that I feel a connection to the authors.  And that connection generally comes from the post where they share something about their lives beyond the topic of their blog.

I have attempted numerous times to maintain a separate blog for my weight loss.  And failed to be consistent. Which, I guess, falls right in line with all of the times in my life I have tried and failed to be consistent in my weight loss efforts.  However, over the last few years, I have found some progress.  I have lost 30 pounds and although there have been long periods of maintenance and a few short periods of regaining, overall the trend has been one of loss.

Last year, over the holiday season, I regained 10 pounds.  Not good.  I was (and still am) determined to not have that happen again this year.  My husband has also decided it's time to regain some of the fitness he's lost since our baby was born (three years ago).  Together we are doing P90X.  We have done it (in part) before so we know the challenges ahead but we are both strongly motivated right now.  Yesterday was our first workout and I can feel it today.  But in that "I did something awesome" kind of way :)

I have no intentions of turning this into a weight loss/fitness blog but I am hoping to hijack Monday's post to keep track of how my workouts went, obstacles I've overcome and progress that was made.  I know that there are probably a few others out there working at this same goal (HI oneenglishteacher!) and I would love to have the comments be a place of discussions about it.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is great and you know what? this is YOUR blog. Some poeple will connect with you about your weight loss journey, and some will stick to the quilting posts, but bottom line, if it helps you to write about it here, I say do it. And it migt also motivate others who need to get active and maybe shed a few pounds. Me included! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Leigh Anne. I am thinking along the same lines as Adrienne. It's your blog, so do whatever makes you happy! There are a lot of bloggers I follow who occasionally write about other things: exercise, weight loss, dealing with special needs child, grief, cooking, family, homeschooling, just to name a few. Some of it interests me, some of it does not. I have the choice to skip. But sometimes, I read it anyway, and realize I have learned something I would not have otherwise. Or I get inspired to work on whatever challenge I am facing. Maintaining various blogs for various topics seems tedious to me, unless blogging is a full-time job. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on losing the 30lbs that super impressive - I'm working my back-side off at the moment to try to maintain my weight-loss and this time of year is especially hard. I also think it's a great idea to share here on this blog because we could all use the motivation :)
    Martina

    ReplyDelete