There is nothing I love more than reading through all of the year in review/resolution posts at this time of the year. Life has been hectic the last few weeks between the holidays, having the kids home and hosting my in laws but I wanted to take a few moments to do a little post of my own!
I made a lot of baby quilts this year and really enjoyed them. Quick finishes motivate me and my easily distracted mind!
I made a number of custom quilts and I think I may have loved these most of all!
There were craft fairs and consignment shops which meant lots of bib, pillows, pouches and crayon rolls.
Overall, it was a great year. There were challenges for sure, but that only leads to growth! I gained confidence in my sewing abilities overall and started to believe that maybe, just maybe, I could make my little business work. Which leads into my plans for 2014!
1. Fabric fast 2014 I'm actually not dreading this in the least. I poked around a few post Christmas holiday sales and couldn't even find anything I wanted badly enough to spend money on!
2. Teaching! I'm teaching a number of classes through the winter at a local quilting shop. I love teaching and am very excited that this opportunity has come up for me.
3. Focus on my business. Given the option, I would simply sit in front of my sewing machine all day long LOL. But if I want this business to actually make some money, there are other things that need to be done. I've worked out a tentative schedule for my work week. There is less sewing and more administrative work. But I know that I will use some of my free time for sewing. I can guarantee I wouldn't use that time to enter receipts HAHA!
4. Project Inspiration/The Library Project - I've spoken about my Project Inspiration before and Adrienne is doing something similar with her Library Project I'm going to do semi regular updates on my progress here with link ups to Adrienne.
5. ALYOF - I joined this challenge last summer and really liked the focus I got by choosing one finish I wanted to accomplish each month. So I'm definitely jumping in again for 2014. My January project will be the Moustache quilt for my sister
It was meant to be finished for December 18th and I have a bad habit of pushing personal projects to the backburner. This one will be finished and mailed off to her by the end of the month!
Linking up to ALYOF and Sarah/Anne's End of Year linky party!