Wednesday 8 January 2014

WIP Wednesday

Part of the reason that my WIP list is longer than my arm is that I spent 2013 working willy nilly.  I floated from project to project depending on my mood that day.  Or how much time I had to sew.  Or which projects I had the materials for.  My strategy for 2014 is to focus my sewing time in order to turn the majority of those WIPs into finishes.  I bumped two projects to the top of the list for January.


I'm not sure what the weather is like in your part of the world, but here it's cooooold!  We need our warm quilt ASAP.  I started working on this over Christmas and really hoped to finish but it turns out quilting a queen sized quilt on a domestic machine takes some time LOL.  I have made a ton of progress, finished about 75% of the quilting and made the binding.  I'm committed to finishing it within the next 2 weeks.


The second project is my sister's birthday quilt (her birthday was December 18th!).  The pile on the right is completed applique, the pile on the left is incomplete.  The layout is done and these are stacked in order.  So once I finish stitching on the moustaches, construction should go pretty quickly.  although I still have zero ideas for quilting.  How would you quilt it?

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

9 comments:

  1. I love the red and white plus quilt. I've been wanting to make a similar one for a while. I love how simple it is but you're dressing it up with the quilting. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the quilting on your plus quilt and the boldness of the solids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you are not in the willy nilly boat alone-I am there too!! I go in streaks like that and then hit the finishing/quilting streak. Nice plus quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plusses! They look great in solids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some great projects here . I've always loved red and white quilts, so clean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe echo quilt the mustaches? I'd hate to have lines of quilting cutting through them! I'm sure your sister will appreciate it once it arrives, even if it is a little after her b-day. I know I would. Those mustaches are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love both your quilts! the mustache one is on my list for 2014. I like Jenn's idea above of echo quilting the mustaches but I would add stitching in the ditch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the orange plus quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilting on the plus quilt is so fun! I love how it sets them off. It would take a while to quilt one of those at home. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete