The fabrics are a combination of Marie Antoinette by Northcott and the Watermelon colorway of Minimalista by Art Gallery. I love how they play together but I did leave out a few of the Minimalista fabrics that were especially bold in contrast. The honeycombs were cut with the template that comes with the precuts from Moda. The cutting was a bit frustrating and as a result my shapes are not perfect. I used this tutorial by Kati at From the Blue Chair. The assembly went extremely well with only a few puckers which I think I could avoid on a second try.
I gathered up all of the remaining fabric when I finished the front and started to piece together a backing. It's not my favorite thing to do (piecing backings) but I do like this one and think it could work well on its own if she wants to reverse it.
I didn't want a scrappy binding so it was Minimalista Prisma since that was the only fabric I had enough yardage of :)
I quilted with a light grey thread in a floral pattern. I love the texture this quilting pattern gives. The quilt finishes at approximately 36" square. A little on the small side but I was nervous about how long those hexagons would take to piece. All of the photos in this post are taken post washing. So crinkly and awesome!
Linking up with Amanda Jean for Friday Finish!