I've lost my Tula Pink City Blocks challenge partner but for an absolutely proper reason (anyone else want to join me?). And I also came up with a new method for making these blocks a lot easier for ME to complete. The longest and most tedious part of this quilt is all of the cutting of those teeny tiny pieces. Seriously, there are a large percentage measuring 1"! In January, I cut all of the blocks and then pieced all of the blocks in a two day period. I didn't want to work on anything else because I feared losing one (or more) pieces. When I originally started working on this project in the summer my plan was a block per day. But it was a lot of work and mess to pull out my fabrics, cut and piece for one block.
And then the light bulb came on! I would cut all of the blocks and package them in little baggies. Then whenever the urge struck I could grab my book and baggies and get sewing. So instead of making much progress on piecing this month, I have been cutting away. Once they are cut, I might go back to a block per day. Or perhaps one marathon session per month. Or inspirations might really strike and see me piecing them all in a week long caffeine fuelled frenzy LOL.