Friday 27 September 2013

A Friday Finish

I actually finished this quilt last week but the weather has not been cooperating lately.  It's been rainy, dreary and cold :(  Not the lovely September we normally see.  But it's time to show it and put it to bed so indoor photos will have to do.

I'm sure you are all ready to see the end of these chevron quilts, and to be honest, so am I LOL.  I love them but I think doing 5 was too much!



This one has been quilted with blue thread 1/4" on either side of the seam line and bound in Simply Color Ombre Blue.  Which it is also backed in.  I LOVE this fabric for backing (as I'm sure you noticed!).  I'm hoping you didn't notice how badly this needs to be lint rollered.  Or at least are too polite to mention it :)


From the beginning these quilts were planned as a pair.  I think they would be so adorable for boy/girl twins.  Now I just need to find some boy/girl twins :)


Linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts


8 comments:

  1. So beautiful!!! I love the black and white chevrons with the contrasting binding and backing. Absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quilts! That backing fabric is wonderful! Here from Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable seeing the two quilts together. I applaud your courage and tenacity in making five quilts using the same or similar design. That takes patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the black and white with the ombre backing. fantastic!!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are super cute as a pair! And that backing is absolutely fabulous, you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great chevrons love the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable pair! Loving the ombre on the back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilts. Such strong contrasting colours. I didn't even notice the lint before you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete