Monday 16 September 2013

Productive Procrastination

For the past few years I have taken part in multiple local Christmas Craft Fairs.  They are small and I've had some mediocre success but not as much as I have hoped.  This year we decided I should take part in a large show in a nearby large city.  They have a history of seeing 20 000 people through the doors over 3 days.  That's 10 times my largest local show.  Their booth fee is more than I've made at any of the local shows.  To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

Those nerves came to a head on Friday.  So I did the logical thing and worked on Clementine CrossKatie at Sew Katie Did talked about this a few weeks ago and it really rang true with me.  I am a master procrastinator.  Always have been.  And while I can be a useless procrastinator at times (ie internet wormholes), often I find myself doing other things that need to be done, usually housecleaning.  While these things still need to be done, they are definitely not time sensitive or the most urgent.

And that is how I turned this pile of fabric


Into this pile of almost done blocks


Don't worry, though.  On Monday I got back to working on building up my stock :)

3 comments:

  1. If only my procrastination was as productive as yours :) I've very excited for you about the show 20,000 people that's very impressive and probably more than a little daunting - but oh how exciting!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a fantastic way to work our your nerves! I'm sure you'll do awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty snazzy! This is going to look wonderful. One stitch, then the next....it is the only way to complete a project.

    ReplyDelete