Thursday 12 September 2013

Project Inspiration

Do you guys follow Adrienne over at Chezzetcook Modern Quilts?  If you don't, then you should!  Last month she introduced us to her Library Project, a brilliant plan to start actually making some of the quilts in her quilt book library!  The idea implanted itself in my brain and wouldn't let go!

My library is quite small but if you add in my patterns and pinterest boards it's huge!  All of this inspiration sitting there unloved for far too long :(  So I chose 12 projects to complete between now and next September.  I've loosely planned them by month but reserve the right to switch them up as my schedule/whim changes LOL.

Please click through to the original post if you would like to pin these images!

1. Must Dash Quilt - This is a Fat Quarter Gang tutorial by I'm a Ginger Monkey

2. Trees Christmas Quilt by Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts


3. A Christmas Tree Skirt - I have several languishing in my pinterest boards

4. Pincushion/Threadcatcher combo- this one has been on my list for several years now





5. Heart Applique Quilt

6. Crooked Cabins - A pattern by Kati Spencer at From The Blue Chair

7. Indian Summer Quilt from Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe.  Another Katy Jones quilt and my first Dresden quilt.  I'm a little scared of this one!



8. Scout - A pattern by Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew

9. Neighborhood from Modern Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman.  This pattern made me fall in love with Madrona Road.  I may need to buy some more when I get here :)



10. A Beach Quilt for us- simple and colorful

11. Scrapper's Delight from Sunday Morning Quilts



12. A bag!  I've been pinning bag patterns and actually own Amy Butler's Style Stitches but have never made a bag for myself.  It needs to happen :)

So there you have it.  A year's worth of projects to keep me busy and using the inspiration I'm hoarding.  Some of these may change depending on materials available to me but I'm committing to making one project per month.

Anyone care to join us?

Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday and Thursday Threads

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, great choices!! I love the mustaches and the Christmas trees and houses best. Can't wait to see you get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I should do this, my list is soooo long! The Christmas trees and the Dresdens are my fave! Good Luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great list! You've got some wonderful projects planned!

    Thanks so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun!!! My list is in my head, jumbled away with all spider webs! I can never remember why I bought certain fabric, for that certain project! This is a great idea! I'm going to try and join in for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeeeek, I love all the quilts you've chosen - but I'm most excited about seeing those christmas trees and the scrapper's delight. so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete